Welcoming more than 270,000 visitors annually with free admission, the Cantor Arts Center provides enriching and educational opportunities to learn through the lens of art for students of every age. Your gift helps make possible the museum’s vast programming, engaging exhibitions, continued care and conservation of the collections – and keeps the power of visual art accessible for all - students, faculty, K-12 school groups, local community and beyond.
Ways to Give
An online gift or pledge is quick, easy, and secure.
Mail a check
Send check payable to Stanford University-Cantor Arts Center to:
Attn: Liz Gerber
Cantor Arts Center
328 Lomita Drive
Stanford, CA 94305-5060
Recurring Credit Card Transaction
Select "Recurring Gift" in the "Type of Gift" drop-down menu on the first page of the giving form. Be sure to select "Centers, Institutes, and More" and then "Cantor Arts Center" from the second drop-down menu.
Electronic Funds Transfer
Download and return a copy of the form to address above.
To transfer funds via wire transfer either domestically or internationally, you will need to provide your bank with Stanford’s bank account information. Follow the steps below to ensure accurate processing.
- Contact the Office of Development at + 1 (650) 723-3356 for Stanford’s bank account information.
- Ask your bank to include your name and to indicate that your allocation is for the Cantor Arts Center, Stanford University.
- Notify us indicating when we may expect the wire and the dollar amount. Email Us
- See here for more information on how to make a gift by wire transfer.
To make a gift of securities, simply follow these steps:
- For your securities gift to count for this calendar year, check with your broker as early as possible for their deadline to initiate transfers. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by August 30 to be acknowledged in the fiscal year honor roll. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by December 31 to count for that tax year. Initiate the transfer of your stock or mutual fund gifts for calendar year end before December 11 for mutual fund gifts, and December 18 for stock gifts.
- Make a gift online here to notify Stanford University of your gift plans. Be sure to select "Centers, Institutes, and More" and then "Cantor Arts Center" from the second drop-down menu. Call Stanford Management Company at 650-721-1917 with questions.
- Initiate the transfer with your broker and fax a copy of your letter of instructions to Stanford management Company at 650-721-2417, email a copy to Stock Gifts. Our mailing address is SMC=-Gifts Securities, P.O. Box 50810, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
A gift of appreciated securities can be a highly effective way to support the Cantor Arts Center. Appreciated Securities held more than 12 months offer extra tax advantages, such as a charitable income tax deduction (if you itemize your taxes) and avoidance of capital gains tax (since you may claim a tax deduction for the market value rather than the purchase price for long-term stock).
Many friends and alumni have established charitable gifts funds, either personally or through community or professional foundations. Charitable gift funds provide donors a convenient way to participate in annual giving. The federal tax identification number for Stanford University is 94-1156365.
For information on making a gift, contact Jonna Hunter, Associate Director, by telephone at 650-725-4240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.