Geballe Prize for Writing
Your writing inspired by art at the Cantor could win $750!
The Geballe Prize honors outstanding examples of writing related to the Cantor. Winners receive a $750 award and are recognized at a special program at the Cantor.
- All Stanford undergraduate students are eligible.
- Papers or projects created in a class are acceptable. Only papers or projects written for Spring 2019, Fall 2019, or Winter 2020 classes are eligible.
- Writing must be related to art at the Cantor.
Winning submissions will be selected by a panel of reviewers consisting of Cantor staff, faculty, and outside experts.
- One entry per student per year
- Deadline: Friday April 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Winners notified in early May, 2020
- Applications will consist of a cover sheet and the piece of writing you would like to be considered for the prize. The cover sheet must include your name, graduation year, title of the submitted piece, and the category under which you would like your piece to be considered (Creative Prose, Poetry, or Essay). If you wrote your piece for a class, please indicate the course title, academic quarter, and professor. Application materials should be submitted as a single Word document or PDF via e-mail to email@example.com
- Questions? Please contact us using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org