Ways to Give
To make a gift of securities, simply follow these steps:
- For your securities gift to count for this calendar year, check with your broker as early as possible for their deadline to initiate transfers. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by August 30 to be acknowledged in the fiscal year honor roll. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by December 31 to count for that tax year. Initiate the transfer of your stock or mutual fund gifts for calendar year end before December 11 for mutual fund gifts, and December 18 for stock gifts.
- Make a gift online here to notify Stanford University of your gift plans. Be sure to select "Centers, Institutes, and More" and then "Cantor Arts Center" from the second drop-down menu. Call the Gift Securities Team at 650-721-1917 with questions.
- Initiate the transfer with your broker and fax a copy of your letter of instructions to the Gift Securities Team at 650-721-2417, email a copy to Stock Gifts . Our mailing address is Gifts Securities, P.O. Box 50810, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
A gift of appreciated securities can be a highly effective way to support the Cantor Arts Center. Appreciated Securities held more than 12 months offer extra tax advantages, such as a charitable income tax deduction (if you itemize your taxes) and avoidance of capital gains tax (since you may claim a tax deduction for the market value rather than the purchase price for long-term stock).
To transfer funds via wire transfer either domestically or internationally, you will need to provide your bank with Stanford’s bank account information. Follow the steps below to ensure accurate processing.
- Contact the Office of Development at 650-723-3356 for Stanford’s bank account information.
- Ask your bank to include your name and to indicate that your allocation is for the Cantor Arts Center, Stanford University.
- Notify us of when we may expect the wire and the dollar amount. Email Us
- Visit Stanford's Giving page for more information on how to make a gift by wire transfer.
Select "Recurring Gift" in the "Type of Gift" drop-down menu on the first page of the giving form. Be sure to select "Centers, Institutes, and More" and then "Cantor Arts Center" from the second drop-down menu.
Many companies match employee gifts up to a certain limit per year. To find out if your company is among those participating in a gift-matching program, consult the online database of matching companies. You can also ask your human resources department for information about your company's gift-matching policy.