Available exclusively to members, Art Trips are unique tours to museums, private collections, and special art events in the Bay Area and beyond.
NAPA VALLEY ART & WINE ODYSSEY
Friday, October 18, 2019
The thrilling beauty of Napa Valley’s rolling vineyards needs no embellishment, but bold collectors have built significant art collections that vivify the Carneros landscape to rousing effect. Discover the region’s art treasures, explore a major California artist’s 50-year career retrospective, and end with Provençal cuisine—all in a magnificent setting.
• The Donum Estate, founded by collectors Mei and Allan Warburg
Guided tour of the Sculpture Collection- over 40 artworks on 190 stunning acres, including Louise Bourgeois, Yayoi Kusama, Ai WeiWei, Elmgreen & Dragset, Tracey Emin, Danh Vo, Keith Haring, Anselm Kiefer, and Lynda Benglis
Private Wine Tasting of single-vineyard estate pinot noir and chardonnay
• di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art
Private tours: Viola Frey: Center Stage, over 100 artworks in diverse media, highlights of the di Rosa collection, and outdoor Sculpture Meadow
Enjoy a delicious Picnic lunch in the Olive Grove
• Dinner at Angèle restaurant on the Napa River
Sunset dining on the riverfront patio of this renowned French country cuisine restaurant, a favorite of Napa Valley locals
AMERICAN GLORY: DECORATIVE ARTS & ARCHITECTURE
Thursday, November 7, 2019
Celebrate the glories of American decorative arts and architecture from 1860–1900.
• Explore one of San Francisco’s exceptional Victorian homes, beautifully restored and furnished with period antiques and artifacts
• Visit a private collection of significant American folk art and Victorian-era antiques
• Lunch at Garibaldis, a quintessential neighborhood restaurant serving seasonal California cuisine with a Mediterranean accent